"…is it a crime to give a little once in a while?"Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
+ Make a post to your LJ.
The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a ______ icon that's just for me.") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD.") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV."). The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
+ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your e-mail address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. (Note: home address, not required!)
+ Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
+ Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use -- or even know where you could get someone's dream pure-bred basset hound for free -- do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
01. Sun. If anyone can ensure days spent lounging in the summer sun on burning sand this Christmas will have my love forever and ever.
02. Great T-shirts. You know the ones. Comfortable and interesting with a picture, a comment or anything really, but not lame and tacky. I need uni shirts for next year! I haven’t had to dress myself to learn for years and I think this is the answer.
03. Any form of mail. Who doesn’t love getting a piece of someone else in their letter box? I’m very happy to reciprocate with lovelies of my own.
04. Baked goods! Nothing says "Merry Christmas" like christmas cookies, warm fudge and christmas pudding!
05. DVDs. Seriously, my collection currently consists of ol’ Harry Potts, LOTR, POTC and a few random ones. I go to choose a movie on a cold Friday night and I replay each movie in my head because I know them so well and then decide not to watch anything so the WPT goes on… it’s tragic.
06. Fic (this is quite specific, I know, but it’s been in my head): loose canon up to OotP, set at Hogwarts between students, Gryffindor/Slytherin (eg Draco/Ginny would be the bleeding obvious one, but go crazy) and the Gryff is seduced by the "Dark Side". Good reasoning and logic behind why one would join the Death Eaters, can be completely made up but not just, oh yay power lust! Or "you so hot, Drakes! I’ll totally like join dem good ol’ DE!". Convincing convincing, m’dears. Or, you know, just a rec of something like that done well!
07. CD compilations! Or a list of what you would put in a CD compilation if you were to make on.
08. Friends. You can never have enough friends, you know. (just realised that this could sound emo… it’s not, it’s a "I love people and meeting people" kind of affair!)
09. Plans for my year abroad. I haven’t even decided if I’m going yet! But I’d love love love to have everything sorted. And by sorted I mean a ticket and some kind of illegal job (no working visa!) for a month+ in like, England, around about March/April until I figured out where the wind would take me. (if this sounds too ridiculous for you, you can just get me into my degree and find a nice apartment, anything goes!)
10. Backgrounds for my laptop. Poems, fashion pictures, fandomy… all prettifully done = *love *… Right now I have Shakespeare’s "When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes, I all alone beweep my outcast state…" but am thinking change is in order.
I’ll leave this public. Feel free to link me to your list, your bestest friend’s or whatever :D. I’ll memory them and, come December, spread the love!
Come on guys! I know it's, what, Novmember, but Christmas spirit is one of those things that transcends time, culture and generations! (ok, so, I am meant to be Catholic and I guess Christmas is supposedly my religious culture, but giving and sharing can't really be bad, can it?!) If you don't like Christmas, think of it as a celebration of tolerance by gift-giving :D.
|The Panics! I am loving Cruel Guards, such a good album.|